According to new rankings, Martine A. Rothblatt, Chairman and CEO of United Therapeutics is the highest-paid woman CEO in the United States, whose total compensation for last year was a jaw-dropping $38 million.
Ms. Rothblatt founded United Therapeutics in 1996 and has served as its CEO ever since, the second-highest paid woman CEO on the New York Times’ list, Yahoo’ Marissa Mayer, she made $25 million.
But “Marissa Mayer and Martine Rothblatt” are 2 of only 11 woman C.E.O.s on the list. The rest of the 200 companies with market values over $1 billion, the 189 other C.E.O.s, are men. Read the top 30 highest-paid CEOs in the United States: 2014 >>>
The 11 Highest-Paid Woman CEO In America 2014: Female Chief Executives:
1. Martine A. Rothblatt (overall rank: 10) Chairman and CEO United Therapeutics
2. Marissa A. Mayer (overall rank: 34) President and CEO Yahoo!
3. Carol M. Meyrowitz (overall rank: 56), the president, Chief Executive Officer, and director of TJX Companies.
4. Phebe N. Novakovic (overall rank: 78), Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of General Dynamics.
5. Margaret C. Whitman (overall rank: 95), President and Chief Executive Officer of Hewlett-Packard.
6. Marillyn A. Hewson (overall rank: 119), Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Lockheed Martin Corporation.
8. Virginia M. Rometty (overall rank: 148), Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of IBM.
10. Ellen J. Kullman (overall rank: 174),president, chair and CEO of DuPont.
11. Indra K. Nooyi (overall rank: 176), current Chairperson and CEO of PepsiCo, the world’s second-largest soft-drinks maker.