Top 17 Wealthiest Authors in the world: Rich And Famous Writers
Thriller writer James Patterson topped the list of the world’s top-earning authors 2014, earning a staggering $90 million in the last 12 months and push his career total to $700 million over the last decade, making him the richest penman on Earth.
Patterson, meanwhile, regains his place at the top of the list; last year he was forced to cede the top spot to British erotic author EL James, who made $95 million. So much for the starving-writer stereotype!
The top 5 is completed: Dan Brown ($28 million), Nora Roberts ($23 million), Danielle Steel ($22 million), and Janet Evanovich ($20 million).
But top literary earners list’s real highlights were its 3 new additions, John Green ($9 million), author of The Fault in Their Stars, thriller novelist Gillian Flynn ($9 million), and Veronica Roth ($17 million), just 26 years old Novelist — thanks to her dystopian young adult trilogy Divergent.
Top-earning authors in the world – 2014:
5. Janet Evanovich: $20 million
6. Jeff Kinney: $17 million
7. Veronica Roth: $17 million
8. John Grisham: $17 million
9. Stephen King: $17 million
10. Suzanne Collins: $16 million
11. JK Rowling:$14 million
12. George RR Martin: $12 million
13. David Baldacci: $11 million
14. Rick Riordan: $10 million
15. EL James: $10 million
16. Gillian Flynn: $9 million. I haven’t read any of her bestselling novels: Sharp Objects, Dark Places, and Gone Girl —- added to my winter reading list, then i will be able to express my thoughts clearly regarding these books. You can follow Gillian on Facebook @authorgillianflynn.