For the second year in a row, Fuhu, an El Segundo, CA. manufacturer of child-focused gadgets, has been ranked No. 1 on the 2014 Inc 5000’s list of the fastest growing private companies based in the United States, according to percentage of revenue growth over 3 years.
Quest Nutrition, a sports nutrition supplement manufacturer, ranked second among all companies, followed by Reliant Asset Management in third place, Superfish, a Palo Alto-based software company landed at fourth, and Acacia Communications, a little-known Maynard, Massachusetts-based company in fifth position.
The list represents a comprehensive look at the most important segment of the United States economy – America’s independent-minded entrepreneurs, and to make the top 500 companies had to meet the minimum of 918.59% in three-year revenue growth.
The top 500’s average sales growth in that period is 1,828%, and together accounted for 23,000 jobs over the past 3 years. The 12 fastest growing private companies based in the United States:
1. Fuhu, which makes the Nabi tablet device for children and develops software allowing safe Internet browsing for children, posted $195.6 million in revenue in 2013 a modest jump of 158,957 percent.
2. Quest Nutrition, which makes health-conscious snacks, posted $82.6 million in revenue in 2013 a modest jump of 57,347.9 percent.
3. Reliant Asset Management, that builds, acquires, and leases commercial modular office buildings, schools, hospitals, and temporary structures, posted $85.1 million in revenue in 2013 a modest jump of 55,460.2 percent.
4. Superfish, a pioneer in visual search technology, more than 80 million people worldwide use Superfish’s technology, posted $35.3 million in revenue in 2013 a modest jump of 26,043 percent.
5. Acacia Communications, which provides technology to boost Internet bandwidth delivered to consumers, posted $77.7 million in revenue in 2013 a modest jump of 20,690.5 percent.
6. Provider Power
3-year growth: 19,876.8%
2013 revenue: $138.1 million
7. Crescendo Bioscience
3-year growth: 18,375.1%
2013 revenue: $27.3 million
8. Plexus Worldwide
3-year growth: 16,457.7%
2013 revenue: $159.9 million
3-year growth: 16,192.1%
2013 revenue: $26.3 million
10. Go Energies
3-year growth: 16,006.8%
2013 revenue: $32.9 million
11. Minute Key
3-year growth: 14,588%
2013 revenue: $15.8m million
3-year growth: 14,087%
2013 revenue: $19.2 million
The 2014 Inc. 5000 is ranked according to percentage revenue growth from 2010 through 2013. Additionally, a company must have been US-based, privately held, for profit and independent. Revenue in 2010 must have been at least $100,000 with revenue of at least $2 million in 2013.
Chat with me on Twitter @ceoworld.