In today’s busy world, if you’re trying to figure out how to become the most productive and effective Person. Here are few crucial productivity and effectiveness tips you can implement TODAY. How do you make sure every day is productive?
Becoming productive is the very first step in the process for developing your brand identity, company’s reputation, and becoming successful entrepreneur.
Today I want to share with you few critical habits and strategies to help you become a productivity powerhouse. They’re simple, effective and can be applied by leaders at any level in any organization.
1. Priority on tasks – It is critical to determine and prioritize the most Urgent/Important and Urgent/Not Important tasks.
2. Delegate task – There is only a limited amount that you can do, however hard you work. If you are able to delegate chunks of tasks to other people. And if you do this well, you can quickly build a strong and successful team of people.
3. The seven for the day: Every morning, make a list of seven goals to accomplish. Tell yourself that if you can’t complete those seven tasks within workday, you’re using your time in the wrong way. I try to include five professional goals and two personal ones from my “ideal day” list.
4. You should absolutely learn to take a break when you are not being productive anymore. Go for a walk outside the building, do something else. etc…. then get back to work! Don’t think about pending tasks. Take deep breaths. Clears the brain, helps perspective. Observe nature (if available).
5. Email is one of the biggest time wasters. Stay away unless it is absolutely critical to your previously set objectives. Remember that the more emails you send throughout the day, the more you receive. It’s a vicious cycle.
6. When you have a new idea – write it down and put it into a queue.
7. No cluttering – You should try to keep our desks as well as our desktops clear.
8. Eat the good stuff – adequate nutrition can raise your productivity by 30%. You need the proper amount of glucose in your blood stream.
9. Listen to music.
10. Use the mobile phone as little as possible.
11. Send action-only emails: Don’t send out emails without a clear direction or call to action.
12. Procrastination – Try to tackle the things you have been putting off early in the day: it gets a load off your mind and improves your outlook.
13. Try to be exceptionally careful in your task planning, and exceptionally aggressive in pursuing their completion.
14. To-do list – Make a habit of identifying the most important item on your to-do list and immediately starting your work day with that task.
15. More and more employees are using the alarms on their phones. When you do that, the first thing you do is check your email, respond to a text, or browse Facebook. Suddenly, the focus has been wrenched from your day – Buy an alarm clock.
Which one could you use this coming week and where could you use it? What other leadership productivity hacks work for you?
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- Top 20 Small Universities In The World For 2018; Caltech Tops - August 13, 2018
- Top 20 Colleges In America With The Best Job And Career Placement Services, 2019 - August 10, 2018
- These US Cities Have The Most And The Least Student Loan Debt, 2018 - August 9, 2018
Leave a Reply
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or CEOWORLD magazine, and its owners. To contact the author of this story: firstname.lastname@example.org