In an effort to ensure precision and excellence, some of the world’s wealthiest people have taken to Twitter to share their best ideas, strategies, advice, and even some jokes with YOU.
Awesomely Random Billionaires to Follow on Twitter, the very best wit and wisdom the microblog has to offer!
Unsurprisingly, some Billionaires Tweeters follow each others and some billionaires have yet to embrace Twitter as fully.
The accounts on this list offer everything from observations and inspirational fodder to research, curation, and even some humor, who are worth a follow.
In no particular order, I’ve compiled a list of the richest people in the world to follow on Twitter, Billionaires Tweeters – who never disappoint with their 140 characters:
- Bill Gates, the world’s richest man, founder, technology advisor and board member of Microsoft Corporation. Follow Bill Gates on Twitter @BillGates.
- Richard Branson, the billionaire businessman and adventurer, the founder of Virgin Group. You can follow Richard Branson on Twitter @richardbranson.
- Michael Dell,the founder and CEO of Dell Inc., one of the world’s leading sellers of personal computers (PCs).. You can follow Michael Dell on Twitter @MichaelDell.
- Reid Hoffman, co-founder of LinkedIn. You can follow Reid Hoffman on Twitter @reidhoffman.
- Meg Whitman, the president and chief executive officer of Hewlett-Packard, you can follow Meg Whitman on Twitter @MegWhitman.
- Donald Trump, the real estate magnate, the chairman and president of The Trump Organization and the founder of Trump Entertainment Resorts. You can follow Donald Trump on Twitter @realDonaldTrump.
- Elon Musk, CEO and CTO of SpaceX and CEO and Chief Product Architect of Tesla Motors, you can follow Elon Musk on Twitter @elonmusk.
- Warren Buffett, simply Warren Buffett. You can follow him on Twitter @WarrenBuffett.
- Pierre Omidyar, the founder and chairman of the eBay. You can follow Pierre Omidyar on Twitter @pierre.
- John W. Henry, the principal owner of the The Boston Globe, Boston Red Sox and Liverpool Football Club, and co-owner of Roush Fenway Racing. You can follow John W. Henry on Twitter @John_W_Henry.
- Carl Icahn, Wall Street’s richest man, majority shareholder of Icahn Enterprises, as of March 2014, his net worth is estimated to be $24.5 billion. You can follow Carl Icahn on Twitter @Carl_C_Icahn.
- Sean Parker, cofounded the file-sharing computer service Napster and served as the first president of the social networking website Facebook. You can follow Sean Parker on Twitter @sparker.
- Jack Dorsey, co-founder and co-creator of Twitter, you can follow Jack Dorsey on Twitter @jack.
- Eric Schmidt, executive Chairman of Googl. You can follow Eric Schmidt on Twitter @ericschmidt.
- Vinod Khosla, an entrepreneur, investor and technologist. You can follow Vinod Khosla on Twitter @vkhosla.
- Vince McMahon, Chairman, and CEO of Stamford, Connecticut-based professional wrestling promotion World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE).. You can follow Vince McMahon on Twitter @VinceMcMahon.
- Marc Benioff, founder, chairman and CEO of salesforce.com, a cloud computing company. You can follow Marc Benioff on Twitter @Benioff.
- Paul Allen, best known as the co-founder, with Bill Gates, of Microsoft Corporation and founder and chairman of Vulcan Inc. You can follow Paul Allen on Twitter @PaulGAllen.
- Drew Houston, the founder and CEO of Dropbox. You can follow Drew Houston on Twitter @drewhouston.
- Rupert Murdoch, media mogul, the founder, Chairman and CEO of News Corporation, the world’s second-largest media conglomerate. You can follow Rupert Murdoch on Twitter @rupertmurdoch.
- Jan Koum, Co-founder & CEO of WhatsApp. You can follow Jan Koum on Twitter @jankoum.
- T. Boone Pickens, an American business magnate and financier.. You can follow T. Boone Pickens on Twitter @boonepickens.
- Oprah Winfrey, an American media proprietor, talk show host. You can follow Oprah Winfrey on Twitter @Oprah.
- Mark Zuckerberg, co-founder of the social networking website Facebook. You can follow Mark Zuckerberg on Twitter @finkd.
- George Soros, business magnate, investor, and philanthropist. You can follow George Soros on Twitter @georgesoros.
- Tory Burch, an American fashion designer, business woman, and philanthropist. You can follow Tory Burch on Twitter @toryburch.
- Jeffrey Skoll, internet entrepreneur and film producer, the first employee and also first president of internet auction firm eBay. You can follow Jeffrey Skoll on Twitter @jeffskoll.
- Eli Broad, philanthropist, one of the world’s biggest art collectors, Broad is founding chairman and a life trustee of MOCA, and, along with his wife, Edythe, the founder of the Broad Art Foundation, which is constructing the Broad, a museum on Grand Avenue. You can follow Eli Broad on Twitter @UnreasonableEli.
- Bob Parsons, executive chairman and founder of the Go Daddy group of companies. You can follow Bob Parsons on Twitter @DrBobParsons.
- Ralph Lauren, an American fashion designer, philantrophist, and business executive, best known for the Ralph Lauren Corporation. You can follow Ralph Lauren on Twitter @RalphLauren.
- Aerin Lauder Zinterhofer, granddaughter of cosmetics icon, Estee Lauder and daughter of noted philanthropist, Ronald Lauder, Aerin Lauder not only presides over her own eponymous brand, Aerin, but is also the image and style director of Estee Lauder. You can follow Aerin on Twitter @AERIN.
- Patrick Soon-Shiong, chairman of the Chan Soon-Shiong Family Foundation and chairman and CEO of the Chan Soon-Shiong Institute for Advanced Health, National LambdaRail, the Healthcare Transformation Institute and NantWorks, LLC. You can follow Patrick Soon-Shiong on Twitter @solvehealthcare.
- David Einhorn, an American hedge fund manager and the founder and president of Greenlight Capital. You can follow David Einhorn on Twitter @davidein.
- Carlos Slim Helu, a Mexican business magnate, known as the “Warren Buffett of Mexico”. You can follow Carlos Slim Helu on Twitter @carlosslim.
- Jon Oringer, the founder of the popular microstock photography site Shutterstock. He is currently Shutterstock’s CEO. You can follow Jon Oringer on Twitter @jonoringer.
- Mario Gabelli, the founder, chairman, and CEO of Gabelli Asset Management Company Investors (GAMCO Investors) a $30 billion global investment firm. You can follow Mario Gabelli on Twitter @MarioGabelli.
- Leon Charney, real estate tycoon, author, philanthropist, political pundit, and media personality. You can follow Leon Charney on Twitter @leoncharney.
- Jim Irsay the owner and CEO of the Indianapolis Colts of the National Football League. You can follow Jim Irsay on Twitter @JimIrsay.
- Eduardo Saverin, one of five co-founders of Facebook, along with Mark Zuckerberg, Dustin Moskovitz, Chris Hughes, and Andrew McCollum. You can follow Eduardo Saverin on Twitter @esaverin.
- Graham Weston, one of the founders of Rackspace and now serves as Chairman of the Board and CEO. You can follow Graham Weston on Twitter @gweston.
- Steve Case best known as the former chief executive officer and chairman of America Online (AOL). You can follow Steve Case on Twitter @SteveCase.
- Michael Kors, fashion designer widely known for designing classic American sportswear for women. You can follow Michael Kors on Twitter @MichaelKors.
- Micky Arison, Chairman and CEO of Carnival Corporation. You can follow Micky Arison on Twitter @MickyArison.
- Ricardo Salinas, a Mexican businessman, President and CEO of Grupo Salinas and Grupo Elektra. You can follow Ricardo Salinas on Twitter @RicardoBSalinas.
- Sheryl Sandberg, chief operating officer at facebook. You can follow Sheryl Sandberg on Twitter @sherylsandberg.
- Tom Golisano, the founder of Paychex and philanthropist. You can follow Tom Golisano on Twitter @ThomasGolisano.
- Larry Ellison, the co-founder and chief executive officer of Oracle Corporation. You can follow Larry Ellison on Twitter @larryellison.
- Peter Thiel, a venture capitalist and entrepreneur, cofounded PayPal with Max Levchin and served as its CEO. You can follow Peter Thiel on Twitter @peterthiel.
Follow me on Twitter @ceoworld.
Get More Stories like this in your Inbox
Latest posts by Megan Batchelor (see all)
- Fabulously Wealthy And Extremely Focused American Billionaire Koch Brothers - August 25, 2014
- Working For Peanuts: Street Vendors And Peanut Salesman (PHOTOS) - August 25, 2014
- Six Decades of Swimsuits: Fashion Photos - August 20, 2014