The fact that there is NOTHING more potentially-destructive behavior for a brand than look at what your competition is doing. Funny, but the most important question for brand managers: How does a younger brand owner justify getting information and lead on competitors and not acting on it?
Branding is one of the ultimate tool in helping customers to identify, recognize, accept, and acknowledge your brand identity.
In this article, I’m going to share some tips on: why is it so hard for younger brands to stay their course?
1. Once you’ve decided on your branding, Make sure it’s consistent & concise.
2. It Isn’t About Advertising
3. having a clever tagline can help you stand out such as “GA Diamond is Forever” or “Just Do It,” or “Got Milk?.”
35 Top Slogans and Taglines of All Time
- A diamond is forever by DeBeers
- What happens here, stays here. (2002) Las Vegas
- Nokia – Connecting people.
- Think different. (1998) Apple Computer
- I love New York. (1977) NY State Dept. of Econ. Development
- There are some things that money can’t buy. For everything else there’s MasterCard. (1997) MasterCard
- Tata salt : Desh ka namak
- “We Try Harder” written by Bill Bernbach of DDB.
- “Keep Walking” by Johnnie Walker
- Finger-lickin’ good! (1952) Kentucky Fried Chicken
- Amul – Utterly Butterly Delicious / The Taste of India
- The ultimate driving machine. (1975) BMW
- Adidas – Impossible is Nothing.
- “Got milk?” (1993) California Milk Processor Board
- Britannia : Eat healthy, think better
- Walmart – Save Money. Live Better.
- Levis – Quality never goes out of style.
- Coca Cola – Twist the cap to refreshment.
- “The road will never be the same” by Acura
- Don’t leave home without it. (1975) American Express
- 3M – Innovation.
- American by Birth. Rebel by Choice – Harley Davidson
- Think Smallby Volkswagen
- “Just do it” by Nike
- Kit Kat : Have a break, have a kit kat
- “Better by Adobe” by Adobe
- Burger King – Have it your way.
- “we know money” by AIG
- Taj Mahal Chai : Wah Taj!
- “There is no substitute – Porsche
- Aston Martin – Power, beauty and soul.
- Reebok – I am what I am.
- IBM – Solutions for a smart planet.
- Sony – Make Believe
- Vodafone – Make the most of now.
4. Think Long Term. Very Long Term
Latest posts by Megan Batchelor
- Here’s Where The Most Millionaires Live Across The United States? The Result Might Surprise You! - July 20, 2018
- Research, Writing, and Style Guides – A Research Guide for University Students - July 18, 2018
- From The UK To Argentina, These Top-30 Countries Lead The World In “Soft Power,” 2018 - July 17, 2018