What Is The Difference Between Capable And Driven Executives?
In today’s talent-focused world of business, it is impossible for companies to succeed without executives who know how to attract, retain, manage, and develop the best. Let’s face it, The best talent wants to work with the best talent.
Get rid of the obvious time wasters – Capable executives say, “If I can fit it in, I should fit it in.” Whereas, driven executives are absurdly selective. ;
Famous billionaire investor Warren Buffett once said, “The difference between successful people and very successful people is that very successful people say no to almost everything.” So, deliberately and strategically eliminate the non-essentials.
As the saying goes, the people who talk the most don’t always have the most to say. Capable executives are the first ones to jump in with an answer. Whereas, driven executives are powerful listeners.
John F. Kennedy said, “The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.” Capable executives focus on what the competition is doing. Whereas, driven executives focus on what they can do better.
Top Chief Technology Officers To Follow On Twitter
1. Todd Park, the Chief Technology Officer of the United States, replacing the United States’ first CTO Aneesh Chopra. You can follow Todd Park on Twitter @todd_park.
2. Padmasree Warrior, Chief Technology and Strategy Officer (CTSO) for Cisco, helps direct technology and operational innovation across the company and oversees strategic partnerships, mergers and acquisitions, the integration of new business models, the incubation of new technologies, and the cultivation of world-class technical talent.. You can follow Padmasree Warrior on Twitter @Padmasree.
3. Werner Vogels, CTO – Amazon.com, in charge of driving technology innovation within the company. You can follow Werner Vogels on Twitter @werner.
4. Latanya Sweeney, Ph.D., the Chief Technology Officer, also called the Chief Technologist, at the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC). You can follow Latanya Sweeney on Twitter @TechFTC.
5. Chuck Hollis, CTO, EMC Corporation. You can follow Chuck Hollis on Twitter @chuckhollis.
6. Stephen J. Downs, Chief Technology & Information Officer at Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. You can follow Steve Downs on Twitter @stephenjdowns.
7. Ryan P. Mannion, Chief Technology Officer at POLITICO. You can follow Ryan Mannion on Twitter @rpmannion.
8. Simon Crosby is Co–founder and CTO at Bromium. You can follow Simon Crosby on Twitter @SimonCrosby.
9. Richard Schatzberger, Co-Founder, Chief Technology Experience Officer at co:collective. You can follow Richard Schatzberger on Twitter @schatz.
10. Sandy Fliderman, Chief Technology Officer at Zaah Technologies, a full service digital media company that creates big brand websites, mobile apps, games, and develops social media content and strategy. You can follow Sandy Fliderman on Twitter @fliderman.
Want your business advice featured in CEOWORLD Magazine? Submit your tips to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name, your job title, and a photo of yourself in your email.
You may also be interested in:
- Cities with the most millionaires as percentage of the overall population, 2016 Perhaps not surprisingly, Monaco has ranked number one on the list of cities with the most millionaires as percentage of the overall population, up 6% compared to 2 years ago.One in […] Posted in Rankings
- The Millionaire COO: Here’s Where Sheryl Sandberg Ranks On Highest-Paid Women List One of the top earning female executives in the United States is Sheryl Sandberg, Chief Operating Officer of Facebook, according to a new list from Fortune magazine.Sandberg’s $16 […] Posted in Leadership
- If you’re a higher-paid CEO, your employees may not think you’re doing a great job An outrageous CEO compensation package is statistically linked to lower CEO approval ratings from the company’s employees, according to a statistical analysis released by Glassdoor, the […] Posted in Leadership
- International Business Relationships Take More Than Trial and Error Not everyone has a degree in international business, but you might sometimes feel like you need one. Whether you’re working with colleagues or clients from another culture — on your turf […] Posted in Leadership
- Why did Arnold Schwarzenegger and Mildred love child Joseph Baena skipped graduation? It looks like 13-year-old love child of Arnold Schwarzenegger, 13 year-old Joseph Baena, skipped his middle school graduation ceremony. Long-time housekeeper Mildred Baena had pulled her […] Posted in Leadership, Rankings
- Top Ten most charitable cities in United States of America – Cities household who donated money Although United States of America has been in a recession since December 2007, here is a list of Cities household who donated money. Top Ten most generous cities in United States of […] Posted in Leadership
As founder and editorial director of the CEOWORLD magazine, Amarendra Bhushan is an extensively kudized author, journalist, and internationally syndicated columnist. In 2008, he launched The CEOWORLD magazine, a site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet.