Fortunately, you’ve managed to land that all-important meeting with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of a company that you’re interested in. It’s not often you get the chance. So before you meet a real revolutionary high-ranking executive, remember to try to find out which type of CEO that he is.
So how do you connect with and influence a high-ranking executive? Below are three different chief executive leadership styles (CEO types), you need to know before your meeting:
1) An effective and efficient manager – They are reliable and committed executive, sees an opportunity in every problem, applies knowledge, works smarter, and exploits opportunities, yet struggle to inspire workforce and do innovative breakthroughs.
Example: Tim Cook, Chief Executive of Apple Inc. the world’s second-largest information technology company by revenue after Samsung Electronics.
How do you influence: Listen and respect! And do not hesitate to mention risk involved and consequences of not moving forward.
2) A Corporate Entrepreneur – All of these types of executives, disrupt industries because they believe in a better way of doing things and always have something to prove to the world. Their vision for their company is their vision for life.
Example: Steve Jobs, co-founder and former chief executive of Apple Inc.
How do you influence: Look for an opportunity and when they challenge you, push back hard… keep on pushing in such a way that shows you know what you are doing. This strategy will earn you respect.
3) A Rising Star and Global Missionary – Their personal and corporate mission to make significant difference in society, as well as in company. They are inspiring and energizing.
Example: Narayana Murthy, co-founder and executive Chairman at Infosys, the third-largest India-based IT services company.
How do you influence: Try to understand their mission and share yours.
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- These Are The 20 Highest-Paid Political Leaders In The World In 2018 - 04/24/2018
- Top 20 best summer vacation destinations in the United States, 2018 - 04/23/2018
- These Are The 20 Most Overrated Books of All Time, And Yes, List Include Bible, Ernest Hemingway, Paulo Coelho, And Mark Twain - 04/23/2018