Fortunately, you’ve managed to land that all-important meeting with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of a company that you’re interested in. It’s not often you get the chance. So before you meet a real revolutionary high-ranking executive, remember to try to find out which type of CEO that he is.
So how do you connect with and influence a high-ranking executive? Below are three different chief executive leadership styles (CEO types), you need to know before your meeting:
1) An effective and efficient manager – They are reliable and committed executive, sees an opportunity in every problem, applies knowledge, works smarter, and exploits opportunities, yet struggle to inspire workforce and do innovative breakthroughs.
Example: Tim Cook, Chief Executive of Apple Inc. the world’s second-largest information technology company by revenue after Samsung Electronics.
How do you influence: Listen and respect! And do not hesitate to mention risk involved and consequences of not moving forward.
2) A Corporate Entrepreneur – All of these types of executives, disrupt industries because they believe in a better way of doing things and always have something to prove to the world. Their vision for their company is their vision for life.
Example: Steve Jobs, co-founder and former chief executive of Apple Inc.
How do you influence: Look for an opportunity and when they challenge you, push back hard… keep on pushing in such a way that shows you know what you are doing. This strategy will earn you respect.
3) A Rising Star and Global Missionary – Their personal and corporate mission to make significant difference in society, as well as in company. They are inspiring and energizing.
Example: Narayana Murthy, co-founder and executive Chairman at Infosys, the third-largest India-based IT services company.
How do you influence: Try to understand their mission and share yours.
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- Top 20 Small Universities In The World For 2018; Caltech Tops - August 13, 2018
- Top 20 Colleges In America With The Best Job And Career Placement Services, 2019 - August 10, 2018
- These US Cities Have The Most And The Least Student Loan Debt, 2018 - August 9, 2018
Leave a Reply
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or CEOWORLD magazine, and its owners. To contact the author of this story: firstname.lastname@example.org