Chinese Smartphone Maker Xiaomi Says It Sold 10 Million Mi-2 smartphones
As long anticipated, Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi revealed via Twitter that the startup phone-maker has sold 10 million of its flagship smartphone Android-based Mi-2, and its variants Mi-2S and Mi-2A, in the past 11 months.
China’s hottest homegrown smartphone “Xiaomi Mi2” first went on sale last October.
To refresh your memory, the Xiaomi Mi2 smartphone will soon be replaced in mid-October by the Mi-3, which was launched early this month.
Dimension: 144mm height x 73.6mm width x 8.1mm thin
Screen size: 5-inch
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels. So that’s 441 PPI.
Weight: 145g (heavier than previous model)
Operating system: MIUI V5 skin on top of Android 4.2
CPU: Quad-core 1.8GHz NVIDIA Tegra 4 or 2.3GHz Snapdragon 800
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce (for TD-SCDMA version) or Adreno 330 (for WCDMA version)
Storage: 16GB / 64GB
Others: NFC enabled. Accessories now include a folding case. Supports 5G wi-fi protocol and 2.4G system
Price and availability: The new Mi3 will ship in October and will cost RMB 1,999 ($325) for the 16GB model and RMB 2,499 ($405) for the 64GB version.
In the first six months of 2013, Xiaomi, the company who made the Hongmi smartphone, sold more than 7 million smartphones and booked $2.15 billion in revenue. The Chinese company raised a $216 million funding round last year and was valued at roughly $4 billion.
You may also be interested in:
- 50 Most Powerful Businesswomen In Asia, 2016 Nita Ambani, director on the board of Reliance Industries and founder-chairperson, Reliance Foundation has topped the Forbes list of the 50 most powerful businesswomen in Asia, 2016. Nita […] Posted in Rankings
- Laptops with WiFi technology may cause sperm damage for men The future of computer and Internet connectivity, WiFi technology may cause sperm damage for men, Nascentis Center for Reproductive Medicine in Cordoba found, After four hours next to the […] Posted in Leadership
- The Old G7 And The Hypothetical New G7: Impact On The World Economy While the world seems to be constantly floundering in financial, geopolitical, and economic turbulence, IMF's semi-annual World Economic Oultook report suggests that 7 big emerging markets […] Posted in Rankings
- Infographic: Content Marketing Advice for 2016 Content marketing is a term that we hear so often and for many is both the present and future of marketing. With many organisations now leaving behind traditional methods of marketing, we […] Posted in Perspective
- The 11 Richest Fashion Moguls In America: Fashion Billionaires 2014 From high-end designers to big box clothes retailers, fashion and style has made some people very, very rich.Ralph Lauren, topped the Richest Fashion Billionaires List 2014, came in at […] Posted in Rankings
- Availability of finance holds key to a successful 2012 for UK hotel sector An improved outlook for the UK's hotel sector into 2012 will depend largely on the availability of debt to fund hotel transactions and to complete long overdue refurbishments, according to […] Posted in Leadership
As founder and editorial director of the CEOWORLD magazine, Amarendra Bhushan is an extensively kudized author, journalist, and internationally syndicated columnist. In 2008, he launched The CEOWORLD magazine, a site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet.