The South Korean Phone maker LG,l has announced the launch of its latest oversized smartphone (phablet) — VU 3, powered by Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean operating system, a 5.2-inch display (1,280 x 960 resolution) + IPS 4:3 aspect ratio display.
The smartphone runs on a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chip, with LTE 4G connectivity and a 13 megapixe rear camera — Android Jelly Bean (build 4.2.2) preloaded.
Aside from the stylus, translucent QuickView cases and a couple of LG software titles we recognize (like guest mode and KnockON). Other features of the new LG Vu 3 smartphone include 2GB of RAM and connectivity provided by support for 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+ 42Mbps, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, GPS / aGPS.
LG Vu 3 key specifications
– Size: 132.1 x 85.6 x 9.4 mm
– Weight: 161g
– Colours: White, Indigo Black, mint
– Network LTE-A
– 2.3GHz (measured Speed ??2.26 GHz) Qualcomm Snapdragon (MSM8974) 800
– 5.2 inches HD + IPS display
– 13MP rear camera with BSI / 2.1MP BSI
– 2610mAh removable battery
– 16GB eMMC / 2GB LPDDR3 RAM
– Android 4.2.2
– BT 4.0 / USB 2.0 / Wi-Fi 802.11 a / ??b / g / N
– A-GPS / Slimport / NFC
Unfortunately, there are no details on international launch or price, but it will go on sale in Korea on “SK Telecom”, “Korea Telecom” and “LG U+” from September 27th 2013.