Will BYOD Revive The Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Technology?
If you’ve already attempted a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) implementation project for your company and it didn’t go well, worry not. Now “Bring Your Own Device” (BYOD) is breathing new life into the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Technology.
A survey conducted by the Forrester Research indicates that employees are ready to spend their own money on devices — many have already accepted BYOD trends. There’s always a reason why they are interested in client virtualization technology, it’s more about the “employee workstyle flexibility” than cost and efficiency.
The study also suggests that If the senior management team of the company anticipates a long-term dependency on the Windows desktop—say, 5 years and beyond, then they might want to consider one of a half-dozen virtual desktop solutions – “For most large organizations, virtualizing Windows applications to support BYOD would be very likely a medium to long-term solution.”
Today i have listed some of the best “Virtual Desktop Infrastructure” or “VDI” vendors:
Citrix XenDesktop – Citrix XenDesktop enables mobile workstyles by empowering IT to deliver Windows desktops and apps as mobile services. Users can self-select apps from an easy-to-use “store” that is securely accessible from tablets, smartphones, PCs, Macs and thin clients. Only XenDesktop delivers a native touch-optimized experience with HDX high-definition performance over mobile networks. XenDesktop is built on the new Avalon platform that offers simple management, fast deployment, support visibility, and a cloud-ready architecture.
Citrix VDI-in-a-Box – Citrix VDI‑in‑a‑Box makes the benefits of desktop virtualization available to businesses of all sizes. Simple, easy yet affordable, this all-in-one VDI solution has been purpose-built to simplify and streamline virtual desktops—so you get a production-quality solution while instantly lowering your costs and improving security.
TCS Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) – Tata Consultancy Services’s VDI solutions help reduce desktop management costs with the simplification and standardization of server hardware and client access devices. It helps: Reducing the time and effort for new desktop provisioning, Managing the IT security and vulnerability at the desktop level in a distributed and globalized environment, Providing customized solutions to the end customers in place of canned solutions that are less flexible, Maintaining patch compliance for desktop operating systems and applications, Providing secure remote access to outside vendors and contractors.
Microsoft Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) – Microsoft VDI allows users to seamlessly access their rich and full fidelity Windows environment running in the datacenter, from any device. Microsoft VDI is powered by Windows Server 2012.
Wipro Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) – a next generation hosted end user computing solution that will enable IT organisations to deliver a significantly enhanced and productive end user experience to any device, while reducing costs and improving security. The solution is built on Cisco and NetApp FlexPod infrastructure based on Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) technology.
vWorkspace by Quest – With vWorkspace, it’s not one or the other. You can deploy a blended model – pairing the appropriate technologies to users based on their unique needs while keeping the average cost per virtual desktop to a minimum. Take advantage of vWorkspace Hyper-V Catalyst Components in order to deliver significant storage savings and fast provisioning. Load balancing and integrated user-experience monitoring help to ensure the best virtual desktop performance for all of your users—regardless of endpoint device or platform.
VMware Horizon View – Deliver a personalized high fidelity experience for end-users across sessions and devices. Enable higher availability and agility of desktop services unmatched by traditional PCs while reducing the total cost of desktop ownership up to 50%. End-users can enjoy new levels of productivity and the freedom to access desktops from more devices and locations while giving IT greater policy control.
Tech Mahindra VDI Solution – Tech Mahindra has a set of comprehensive and cost effective VDI offerings which are at par with the best in the industry. Tech Mahindra’s VDI solution stack is capable of delivering a comprehensive, full-featured VDI experience.
Bottom Line: What’s your current Desktop strategy?
You may also be interested in:
- World’s Best Universities For Graduate Employability In 2016, Caltech, MIT, And Harvard Tops California Institute of Technology (Caltech) became the highest-ranked university in the world for preparing graduates for the workplace, according to Times Higher Education (THE) 2016 […] Posted in Rankings
- 8 Tips to Run an Effective Meeting Think of how much time and money your company spends on meetings. Yet so few executives know what it takes to make meetings crisp and productive.Here are 7 tips to make your meetings […] Posted in Rankings
- Three Cities In Greece Among Top 100 Of Best Value City Index 2015 Three cities in Greece - Chania, Nafplio, and Thessaloniki - feature in the "Top 100 Best Value Cities In The World For 2015" - with highest quality service in hotels in terms of giving […] Posted in Leadership
- Loyds Banking Group Sells private equity business to Coller Capital- Cavendish Square Partners LP Lloyds Banking Group (LBG) has agreed to sell its private equity business, earning LBG £332 million in cash for transferring the 40 investments held by its Integrated Finance unit to a new […] Posted in Leadership
- 25 Of The Most Hilarious And Memorable Quotes About Women If you’re looking for hilarious and memorable quotes bbout Women, you’ve come to the right place. I curated a list of my favorite quotes about Women. Hope you enjoy! Here are 25 most […] Posted in Rankings
- The world’s most favoured investment destinations, 2015 India emerged as the world’s most attractive investment destination for the next 3 years, according to a new Ernst & Young report, more than double the percentage who preferred […] Posted in Growth Leaders
As founder and editorial director of the CEOWORLD magazine, Amarendra Bhushan is an extensively kudized author, journalist, and internationally syndicated columnist. In 2008, he launched The CEOWORLD magazine, a site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet.