How to Save Yourself From Video-Conferencing Job Interviews Embarrassments: Skype interview?
If you want to select the best potential candidates to fill roles within your organization, staffing and recruitment can be one of the trickiest aspects of management.
Increasingly, companies are using video conferencing tool like Skype in the field of recruitment – to streamline and improve their employment procedures.
Especially international companies find themselves using VOIP applications such as Skype to conduct job interviews and save on travel expenses. It can be mutually beneficial, especially when the employer and the candidate are in different cities.
In some companies it’s already a common practice: Are you ready?
For many candidates participating in a job interview via video conference is a completely new experience. Have you every done an interview using video conferencing tool like SKYPE? Tell us about it in the comments below!
What you should consider as potential candidate: The job interview via video conference?
1) Dress and groom the way you would for a face-to-face interview.
2) Familiarize yourself with the video conferencing tools like Skype
3) Choose the location with good lighting and free of distractions
4) Role Play With a Friend – Ask a friend to videoconference with you and provide feedback on how close you should sit to the camera. He or she also can recommend adjustments for your surroundings.
5) Don’t Talk With Your Hands – When you’re on camera, make eye contact, smile, and try not to make too many gestures with your hands.
6) The wall of shame – an applicant might have on a fantastic suit and be incredibly impressive in his responses, but if just over his shoulder is an inappropriately themed poster, he might not snag the job.
7) Use the Lighting to Your Advantage – Once you have a nice background for your interview, see what you can do to make the light flatter you.
Please share your tip or suggestion on how to save yourself from videoconferencing job interviews embarrassments: Skype interview?
You may also be interested in:
- How Difficult Is It For Women To Make It To The Uppermost Income Brackets? Surely, all the talk about the gender equality (the glass ceiling, the locked door, and the sticky floor) but it’s terrifying, especially when women are only 12% of Forbes’s list of 400 […] Posted in Leadership
- Why is it so hard for younger brands to stay their course: Tips? The fact that there is NOTHING more potentially-destructive behavior for a brand than look at what your competition is doing. Funny, but the most important question for brand managers: How […] Posted in Leadership
- Yale’s Top 10 Notable Quotations List For 2014: I can’t breathe! Tops Compiled by Yale Law Library’s associate director and lecturer Fred Shapiro, Hillary Clinton, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Joe Biden have made it into Yale's top 10 quote list for 2014.Former […] Posted in Leadership
- World’s Most Influential People In Social Sales It's the reality that "we live in a connected, social web world", where information is abundant and instantly accessible. Social media (and the social web at large) […] Posted in Leadership
- Your Current RFP Is Outdated: Find the Right Agency With Agile Methods Mobile software development has become notably more complex. The average app costs more than $200,000 to develop and requires hundreds of hours of development time spread over about 18 […] Posted in Growth Leaders
- 25 Most Influential And Powerful Women In The Arab World: 2014 List It comes as no surprise to me that Egyptian women are dominating the list of 200 most influential and powerful women in the Gulf, with 29 entries. A big round of applause for the land of […] Posted in Leadership
He is responsible for overseeing newsroom assignments and publishing, and providing support to the editor in chief.