Robust, Manageable, And Cost-Effective Unified Threat Management (UTM) Solutions For Small Business
At its most basic, Unified threat management (UTM) devices integrate multiple security functions such as: network firewalling, network intrusion detection systems (IDS), network Intrusion prevention systems (IPS), gateway antivirus (AV), gateway anti-spam, VPN, outbound content filtering, load balancing and data leak prevention.
Simply put, it has developed into the default solution for many information technology integrators and managed service providers in recent years — a network security function which integrates a wide variety of security services into a single device or service. The primary market of UTM providers is the small and medium-sized enterprises, single office/home office and enterprise segments.
Coined by IDC analyst Charles Kodology in 2003, UTM appliances typically consolidate firewall and VPN capabilities along with URL filtering, spam blocking, intrusion prevention, gateway antivirus, application control, and a centralized management, monitoring and logging function. Traditionally, these discrete functions were handled by multiple point solutions.
Lower up-front cost: Unified threat management (UTM) devices can support a 30/35 person office for around $2,000.
Lower maintenance costs: Since you’re buying just one Unified threat management (UTM) support agreement for all security services, you can significantly reduce the amount you pay for ongoing support.
Avoidance of multiple software installation and maintenance – Simplicity
If you have limited space for networking equipment, Unified Threat Management’s ability to fit all the services into a small, self-contained package can be really appealing. – Less space
Check Point 600 – Check Point 600 Appliances deliver proven enterprise-grade security in a simple, affordable, all-in-one security solution to protect your employees, your applications and your data from cyber-theft for small offices like yours. It has an appealing user interface, a lot of great security features, and is simple to manage and create new security rules.
The Check Point 600 Appliances are suitable for small offices of up to 100 employees and come in three models (620, 640, and 680) — Starting at $399.
Dell/Sonicwall Unified threat management UTM – Dell SonicWALL’s line of network security appliances incorporates the broadest level of protection available through Unified Threat Management (UTM). UTM combines multiple security features into a single platform to protect against attacks, viruses, Trojans, spyware and other malicious threats. Complexity is reduced and management is simplified because multiple layers of protection are delivered under this single management console — Starting at $1,500.
Elitecore Cyberoam Unified threat management (UTM) – Elitecore Cyberoam Unified Threat Management appliances, available as hardware and virtual appliances, offer comprehensive security to organizations, ranging from large enterprises to small and branch offices. Multiple security features integrated over a single, Layer 8 Identity-based platform make security simple, yet highly effective— Starting at $1,563.
Tata Docomo Unified threat management (UTM) – Tata Docomo’s unique identity-based UTM solutions authenticate a user by username, MAC ID, IP Address, and Session ID for strong protection against user-targeted attacks and are offered to the customers over and above the core services of Internet Leased Line.
Fortinet Unified threat management (UTM) – Fortinet’s Unified Threat Management (UTM) security platform FortiGate provides you with the ability to protect your network with the fastest firewall technology on the market. You also have the freedom to deploy the wide range of security technologies available, to fit your dynamic network environment — Starting at $2,898.
Juniper Unified threat management (UTM) – Juniper Networks Unified Threat Management (UTM) offers comprehensive security against
malware, viruses, worms, trojans, phishing attacks, intrusions, denial- of-service (DoS) attacks, key loggers, spam, and other threats—all delivered on Junos operating system, reducing cost, complexity, and total cost of ownership (TCO) — Starting at $2,699.
Kerio Control Unified threat management (UTM) – Kerio Control is an award-winning UTM firewall designed to protect businesses from a comprehensive range of invasive and crippling corporate network threats — Starting at $1,625.
Sophos Unified threat management (UTM), Formerly Astaro Security Gateway – Sophos UTM integrates complete security software within a single appliance. Choose only the protection you need when you need it. And deploy it on the platform that best fits your business: software, hardware or virtual appliance. Each offers an identical feature set no matter if you protect 10 or 5,000 users. And our easy web-based management console enables easy, consolidated management of all your IT security — Starting at $2,780.
Tell Us What You Think!
Got a topic you’d like covered? Have a guest you’d like to see interviewed? Send an email to:email@example.com.
You may also be interested in:
- Top 10 Cities In U.S based On Projected Job Growth For Young Professionals We ranked top 10 cities in U.S based on projected job growth for young professionals (adults holds a Bachelor’s degree or higher, age between 24 to 34) and cost of living. The list is […] Posted in Leadership
- The 12 Most Educated Places In The United States There's little doubt that living in Bethesda, Potomac, Wellesley, Brookline, or Palo Alto is clearly a very smart move. According to the NerdWallet’s latest ranking of the most educated […] Posted in Rankings
- List Of World’s 10 Most (And Least) Liveable Cities For The Average Worker 2014 And while it might come as a surprise to some, When it comes to urban living, Swiss cities never fail to impress. Geneva and Zurich top the list of the world's most liveable cities for the […] Posted in Rankings
- 10 Most Influential Women In The Digital And Mobile Advertising Landscape Well, I'm not just talking about YouTube’s Susan Wojcicki and Facebook’s Carolyn Everson, but there's room for more women in this highly competitive mobile world, which remains a […] Posted in Rankings
- 4 Common Misconceptions About Cloud Technology These days, it seems everyone’s talking about “the cloud.” As consumers and businesses attempt to decipher what it means and what it does, there are many myths emerging that are quickly […] Posted in Leadership
- Online Celebrity Community iFollo Secures $1 Million Robert S. Trump Investment Celebrity sightings and encounters site iFollo.com as raised $1M in an investment round. The firm said the investment came from Robert S. Trump, who is also an investor in ZeniMax Media. […] Posted in Leadership