How Would LinkedIn Be Different If Sheryl Sandberg Was CEO?
Smart move! Facebook’s chief operating officer Sheryl Sandberg passed up the opportunity to be chief executive officer of LinkedIn, she reveals in her yet-to-be-released book book, “Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead“. The book will be released March 11.
In the summer of 2006, LinkedIn founder Reid Hoffman came knocking to Sandberg, then an accomplished senior Google executive, about being the LinkedIn’s CEO.
“In the summer of 2006, a tiny startup called LinkedIn was looking for a new CEO, and Reid Hoffman, LinkedIn’s founder, reached out to me. I thought it was a great opportunity, and after five years in the same position at Google, I was ready for a new challenge. But the timing was tricky. I was 37 years old and wanted to have a second child. I told Reid the truth: Regrettably, I had to pass. …”, according to Tom Gara at the Wall Street Journal. (Photo Credit: Drew Altizer)
And a few years later, Sandbergg headed off to another social networking company company… we all know… Facebook. How Would LinkedIn Be Different If Sheryl Sandberg Was CEO?
You may also be interested in:
- Can You Choose To Play Catch-Up In A Digital Economy? With the rapid growth and evolution of information and communication technologies (ICT) and their digital distribution, can you choose to play catch- or to take a lead? Can you afford not […] Posted in Leadership
- The Top 25 MBA Programs in the United States For 2015 Nudging aside Stanford Graduate School of Business MBA program, Harvard Business School (HBS) has reclaimed the title of best MBA program in the United States in Poets&Quants’ 2015 […] Posted in Leadership
- Meet The 20 Top Performing CFOs Of S&P 500 companies: America’s Best Chief Financial Officers 2014 Karen M. Hoguet, CFO of Macy’s, Inc. has been named as No. 1 chief financial officer by the CFO Journal’s Top 20 ranking of corporate finance chiefs this year.To compile it’s finance […] Posted in Leadership, Rankings
- The Top 10 Most Amazing Yacht Charter Destinations, 2015 Whether it’s breathtaking Greek Islands in the Mediterranean Sea or the unspoiled beauty of the Bahamas, sure its tempting to want to go back to the old favourites – British Virgin […] Posted in Leadership
- What Factors Play Into Getting a Loan for Your Small Business? It takes money to make money – you know this better than anyone. But what if you don’t have enough capital to keep your small business moving forward? Well, you can just go out and get a […] Posted in Perspective
- The 200 Billion Dollar Club: World’s Largest Companies By Market Capitalization, 2016 It is not surprising that the top 3 largest companies by market capitalization, in 2016, are all technology companies: Apple, Alphabet (the newly minted parent company of Google), and […] Posted in CEO Insider
Latest posts by Editor, Megan Batchelor (see all)
- Secrets to better brainstorming [Infographic] - 05/13/2016
- The Top 25 ultimate yacht charter destinations in the world, 2015 - 09/09/2015
- The Top 50 Richest countries in the world - 07/16/2015