Best Erotica novels that have become literary sensations – dominates bestseller lists
Here is a list of Top Erotica novels that have become literary sensations – dominates bestseller lists:
1. Fifty Shades of Grey – It is one of the bestselling erotic novel by British author E. L. James. Its a story about a literature college student Anastasia Steele and young entrepreneur billionaire Christian Greyy. Erotic, amusing, and deeply moving.
Because of its highly graphic S&M scenes, it has been called the “Twilight for grown-ups” and “mommy porn,” . “Christian is fond of whips, and Anastasia is a willing submissive, guided by the “inner goddess” who narrates her sexual escapades.”
2. Lolita – one of the most famous and controversial giants of 20th century fiction written by Vladimir Nabokov and published in 1955. story of a middle-aged literature professor Humbert Humbert’s obsessive, devouring, and doomed passion for the nymphet 12-year-old Dolores Haze.
3. Portnoy’s Complaint – a masterpiece written by Philip Roth, defined Jewish American literature in the 1960s. controversy over its explicit and candid treatment of sexuality, including detailed depictions of masturbation. Portnoy’s Complaint – “A disorder in which strongly felt ethical and altruistic impulses are perpetually warring with extreme sexual longings, often of a perverse nature.”
4. Tropic of Cancer – published in 1934 in Paris, famous as “notorious for its candid sexuality”, a novel written by Henry Miller. It was banned in the United States till 1961.
Some famous Quotes from Tropic of Cancer:
“Everybody says sex is obscene. The only true obscenity is war.” ― Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer
“I have found God, but he is insufficient.” ― Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer
“Do anything, but let it produce joy. Do anything, but let it yield ecstasy.” ― Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer
“People are like lice – they get under your skin and bury themselves there. You scratch and scratch until the blood comes, but you can’t get permanently deloused. ” ― Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer
“But it’s just because the chances are all against you, just because there is so little hope, that life is sweet over here.” ― Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer
“The essential thing is to WANT to sing. This then is a song. I am singing.” ― Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer
“Paris is like a whore. From a distance she seems ravishing, you can’t wait until you have her in your arms. And five minutes later you feel empty, disgusted with yourself. You feel tricked.” ― Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer
“To have her here in bed with me, breathing on me, her hair in my mouth—I count that something of a miracle.” ― Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer
5. Lady Chatterley’s Lover – often associated as “explicit descriptions of sexual intercourse” written by D.H. Lawrence, adulterous affair between a sexually unfulfilled upper-class married woman, who is wife of Sir Clifford Chatterley(returns from the war paralysed from the waist down) and the game keeper who works for the estate owned by her wheelchair bound husband.
6. Fanny Hill – Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure or famously known as Fanny Hill by John Cleland
7. Peyton Place – a novel on Sex, lies and betrayal by Grace Metalious published in 1956.
8. The Story of O – is about love, dominance and submission written by Anne Desclos under the pen name of Pauline Réage.
9. Fear of Flying – published in 1973 by Erica Jong, a timeless tale of self-discovery, liberation, and womanhood of Isadora Wing and her desire.
10. Couples – written by by John Updike, a story of ten young married couples in a seaside New England community who make a cult of sex and of themselves – seductive, savagely graphic portrait of love, marriage, and adultery.
You may also be interested in:
- Revealed: the recipe for career satisfaction A recent infographic from career-matching platform Sokanu examined the happiness of workers in America, and how job satisfaction varies across both profession and location. According to […] Posted in CEO Insider
- Courage: Leadership Lessons from the Wizard of Oz In business, as in sports, as in life, we are constantly faced with change. Change in the economic and financial environment, a change in momentum, a change in personnel. To paraphrase an […] Posted in Rankings
- Gisele Bundchen Beats Kate Moss and Kate Upton As The Most Powerful Celebrity Model Well, It's not-so-breaking news, turns out Forbes magazine has placed the gorgeous Gisele Bundchen above Kate Moss and Kate Upton, as the top Model on it's 100 most powerful celebrity […] Posted in Rankings
- Here are the 20 busiest airports in the world in 2015 s one might expect, world's busiest airport to be located in London, Singapore, New York, Beijing, or Dubai, but, Hartsfield-Jackson Airport, located in the southern US city of Atlanta, […] Posted in Rankings
- Biggest traitors in worlds history Aldrich Hazen AmesA former Central Intelligence Agency counter-intelligence officer and analyst, who, in 1994, was convicted of spying for the Soviet Union. The information Ames […] Posted in Leadership
- The Troubling Statistic: 1 In 5 women in the United States has been raped at some point in their lives The troubling statistic, One in five women in the United States (more than 23 million) have been raped in their lifetimes, according to the National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence […] Posted in Rankings
He is responsible for overseeing newsroom assignments and publishing, and providing support to the editor in chief.