Top 10 predictions for 2011
Public cloud services adoption will grow at over five times the rate of the IT industry. 2011 will be a big year for private cloud services adoption and deployment. The platform-as-a-service (PaaS) battle will determine ‘the next Microsoft’. Battle for hybrid cloud management.
But all of this will lead to Death of cloud computing by 2012. Worldwide IT spending will be $1.6 trillion. Growth of 5.7% in 2011, down from surprisingly strong 6.4% in 2010. Hardware growth of 7.8% – driven by converged mobile devices, networking equipment, and PCs. Rebound in software (5.3%) and services (3.4%).
You may also be interested in:
- An Unprecedented Population Boom In Billionaires: Super Wealthy OR Richie rich club? According to the Forbes magazine, number of billionaires of in the world has grown 350% in the last 14 years, to include 1,645 men and women -- an unprecedented population boom in […] Posted in Rankings
- How Windows has managed to stay relevant over the past 30 years? So exciting. This was almost 30 years ago, on November 10, 1983, chief executive officer and chief software architect of Microsoft Corporation Bill Gates announced Windows 1.0. And […] Posted in Leadership
- These Are The 10 Employers Every Business, Engineering, And IT Students Dream Of Working For Not so surprisingly, the search behemoth Google is perceived to be the most desirable employer for business students, according to the latest research by Universum’s talent survey, a […] Posted in Education
- CNN Christiane Amanpour leaving the cable news network to host ABC News This Week. Christiane Amanpour, CNN's chief international correspondent, is leaving the cable news network to host ABC News "This Week". The anchor chair at This Week has been empty (Jake Tapper […] Posted in Leadership
- Alignment Between CEOs, Marketing and Communications Teams Can Put Bucks In The Trust Bank Building customer trust doesn’t happen overnight. It can take years to build and only seconds to destroy. (Remember former BP CEO Tony Hayward’s comment, “I’d like my life back.”?) So, […] Posted in Perspective
- Mercuria Energy Group Ltd buys MGM International from Morgan Stanley Mercuria Energy Group Ltd, one of the world's largest independent energy traders, located in Geneva, Switzerland had bought Florida-based carbon offset project developer MGM International […] Posted in Leadership
He is responsible for overseeing newsroom assignments and publishing, and providing support to the editor in chief.