Keith Olbermann, host of MSNBC’s ‘Countdown’ show, will return to the MSNBC, four days after the cable news network suspended him without pay ‘indefinitely’ last week for giving money to three Democratic politicians, which was judged by NBC executives a violation of rules governing journalists’ conduct.
The controversy arose when Olbermann revealed to the website Politico that he had contributed $2,400 each to Jack Conway, the Democratic candidate for U.S. Senate in Kentucky, and to two members of the House of Representatives from Arizona, Raul Grijalva and Gabrielle Giffords.
MSNBC said in a statement on Sunday that Olbermann had been punished enough off for violating parent company NBC News’ policy against making such donations without prior approval.
“After several days of deliberation and discussion, I have determined that suspending Keith through and including Monday night’s program is an appropriate punishment for his violation of our policy. We look forward to having him back on the air Tuesday night,” MSNBC president Phil Griffin said.
Earlier on Sunday, Olbermann broke his silence via Twitter, telling his followers “Greetings From Exile!” and thanking people for their support.
In a statement released Sunday evening, MSNBC president Phil Grifffin said, “I have determined that suspending Keith through and including Monday night’s program is an appropriate punishment for his violation of our policy. We look forward to having him back on the air Tuesday night.”
Latest posts by Megan Batchelor
Leave a Reply
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or CEOWORLD magazine, and its owners. To contact the author of this story: firstname.lastname@example.org