Blackstone Group LP in Talks to Buy MatlinPatterson’s Polymer Group Inc.
Private-equity firm Blackstone Group LP (BX) is in exclusive, early-stage talks to buy chemical company MatlinPatterson’s Polymer Group Inc. (POLGA). Polymer is majority-owned by MatlinPatterson Global Advisors, a New York-based investment firm.
MatlinPatterson has been trying to sell Polymer, in which it the largest shareholder, for months. MatlinPatterson Global Advisers LLC owns about 65 percent of the company. It has a market capitalization of more than $400 million.
MatlinPatterson, the New York-based investment firm founded by David Matlin and Mark Patterson, have held a majority stake in Charlotte, North Carolina-based Polymer Group since recapitalizing the company and helping it emerge from bankruptcy protection in 2003.
Polymer Group generates more than 90 percent of its sales from nonwovens, including materials used in disposable diapers, surgical gowns and drapes, and disposable wipes.
You may also be interested in:
- Financial OEE: Manufacturing’s Real-time Income/Plant Performance Connection Financial OEE allows leadership teams to discover exactly how much “hidden factory” […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- Top 25 countries with the highest individual income tax rates in the world, 2015 Somewhat unsurprisingly, Sweden tops the list of the countries with the highest […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- 3 Realities CEOs Must Accept to Succeed in the New Era of Sales “What keeps you up at night?” If you are like most CEOs, you want to know how to grow […] Posted in Success Insider
- Top 10 most searched-for celebrities of 2014 in UK Britain's most-searched-for celebrities of 2014 have been revealed by the […] Posted in Rankings
- Make the first 90 days count in a new role Half of all management hires fail within the first 18 months according to a study by […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- Portugal raised $ 1.27 billion in 5-year bonds Portugal raised €943 million ($1.27 billion) from investors by selling a 5-year bond, […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- 100 Best Value Private Colleges In America: Princeton And Harvard Tops 2016 Ranking Princeton University has been ranked No. 1 among the top 100 best-value private colleges […] Posted in Rankings
- How to be a successful entrepreneur They say time changes and with it the perspective too and in this there is this one […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- Nissan Motor evaluates Baosteel Group Corp. as global autosheet supplier Chinese supplier of auto-sheets, Baosteel Group Corp., the parent company of Baoshan […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- 5 qualifications to look for in every cybersecurity executive If the past is any indication of the future, cyberattacks show no signs of slowing down. […] Posted in CEO Insider