Palbridge, Inc Launches Ubidesk; Brings Collaboration Software for Project Managers to Small Businesses, Academies, and Teams
Palbridge, Inc’s Ubidesk, a web-based collaborative workspace software for project teams, released the program to the public. The Ubidesk project exited beta after its first public beta release in August 2009. The program allows team members to collaborate on documents, manage tasks, and coordinate schedules – all for a monthly subscription price.
Kwanghyun Paek, co-founder and CEO of Palbridge, Inc says, “Having our R&D team overseas, we wanted a better collaboration tool than email. There were some alternatives, such as Google Apps, wikis, and project management software, but none of them delivered a comprehensive working environment with the most essential elements of online collaboration – document collaboration, task management, and file sharing. The Ubidesk project was started to build a new online collaboration workspace to address the problem.”
Academics, small and mid-sized business owners, and others can streamline their light project management needs through keeping all project-related documents in one place. “After twenty months of hard work, we are very excited to see the public release of Ubidesk. We have been using Ubidesk as our collaboration tool during its own development. Ubidesk is fast, secure, and easy-to-use. We believe that many businesses, teams, and individuals who need online collaboration will benefit from Ubidesk as much as we did,” said Kwanghyun.
Features of Ubidesk include:
1. Document Collaboration – Users collaborate through an online rich-text editor. Editor documents contributors and tracks revision history
2. Task Management – Includes task creation and assignment as well as progress tracking and the ability to link to pages and files
3. Projects – Track three kinds of projects – public, protected, and hidden and assign leaders to each created project
4. Calendar – Two calendars viewable side-by side with import/export functionality
5. Sidebar – Allows users to view other pages or create notes while editing a document
6. Files – Direct editing, file preview, and file revision tracking
7. Notifications – Email notification of team members regarding tasks, pages, and other events as well as a desktop feature that tracks recent activities and recent pages
Ubidesk is free for up to five users with three projects, limited features, and 100MB of storage. Monthly subscription plans start at $24/month for up to 15 users with 30 projects and three GB of storage and run up to $120/month for unlimited users, full functionality, and projects with 20 GB of storage. More information about Ubidesk is online at .
About Palbridge, Inc.
Palbridge, Inc headquarters are in Sunnyvale, CA while its R&D team is located in South Korea. Kwanghyun Paek and Jokyun Jeong, co-founder and CTO, established Palbridge, Inc in March 2008. Kwanghyun served as a technical officer in charge of the IT team at Korea Air Force University, South Korea. Jokyun was the founding member of two successful web portals, Netian and Dreamwiz. Both made it into the top five web portals in South Korea. Jokyun won the entrepreneurship competition held by the Ministry of Information and Communication of Korea in 2007. Kwanghyun and Jokyun founded Palbridge, Inc. began work on Ubidesk in May, 2008.
You may also be interested in:
- China Mobile Limited and Taiwan HTC Corp extend cooperation from 3G to 4G technology China Mobile Limited, the country's largest telecom operator, said it would extend its cooperation with Taiwan smartphone maker HTC Corp to new-generation 4G mobile technology. China […] Posted in Leadership
- World’s Top Universities In 2017: Harvard, MIT, Stanford, UC Berkeley, and Caltech Tops So it's no surprise that Harvard University ranked No. 1 among the top 1,000 universities in the world, according to the 2017 edition of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Global […] Posted in Rankings
- CEOWORLD Live!- Tips and Techniques for Online Marketers CEOWORLD Live! is a social network and micro-blogging platform enables you to discover and discuss the interesting stuff your friends find on the web and it takes just a couple clicks to […] Posted in Rankings
- Best Cities In The World For Beach-Loving Urbanites For beach-loving Urbanites, you don't have to make a special effort to visit a island resort or a coastal town to enjoy. We round up the best city beaches in the world --- a rejuvenating […] Posted in Leadership
- Why We Invite our Entire Team (and Their Families) to Our Annual Meeting I'm the president of what I like to call a 24-year-old startup. It was launched in 1992 as a printed catalog out of the guest bedroom of our CEO and founder, Ed Kushins. Since then, we’ve […] Posted in Leadership
- List Of Top 17 Women-Run Colleges And Universities: Female Presidents OR Chancellors 2015 The 2015 U.S. News & World Report released its latest school rankings of the best universities and colleges in the United States.So, we decided to take a look at the granddaddy of […] Posted in Leadership
As founder and editorial director of the CEOWORLD magazine, Amarendra Bhushan is an extensively kudized author, journalist, and internationally syndicated columnist. In 2008, he launched The CEOWORLD magazine, a site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet.