Palbridge, Inc’s Ubidesk, a web-based collaborative workspace software for project teams, released the program to the public. The Ubidesk project exited beta after its first public beta release in August 2009. The program allows team members to collaborate on documents, manage tasks, and coordinate schedules – all for a monthly subscription price.
Kwanghyun Paek, co-founder and CEO of Palbridge, Inc says, “Having our R&D team overseas, we wanted a better collaboration tool than email. There were some alternatives, such as Google Apps, wikis, and project management software, but none of them delivered a comprehensive working environment with the most essential elements of online collaboration – document collaboration, task management, and file sharing. The Ubidesk project was started to build a new online collaboration workspace to address the problem.”
Academics, small and mid-sized business owners, and others can streamline their light project management needs through keeping all project-related documents in one place. “After twenty months of hard work, we are very excited to see the public release of Ubidesk. We have been using Ubidesk as our collaboration tool during its own development. Ubidesk is fast, secure, and easy-to-use. We believe that many businesses, teams, and individuals who need online collaboration will benefit from Ubidesk as much as we did,” said Kwanghyun.
Features of Ubidesk include:
1. Document Collaboration – Users collaborate through an online rich-text editor. Editor documents contributors and tracks revision history
2. Task Management – Includes task creation and assignment as well as progress tracking and the ability to link to pages and files
3. Projects – Track three kinds of projects – public, protected, and hidden and assign leaders to each created project
4. Calendar – Two calendars viewable side-by side with import/export functionality
5. Sidebar – Allows users to view other pages or create notes while editing a document
6. Files – Direct editing, file preview, and file revision tracking
7. Notifications – Email notification of team members regarding tasks, pages, and other events as well as a desktop feature that tracks recent activities and recent pages
Ubidesk is free for up to five users with three projects, limited features, and 100MB of storage. Monthly subscription plans start at $24/month for up to 15 users with 30 projects and three GB of storage and run up to $120/month for unlimited users, full functionality, and projects with 20 GB of storage. More information about Ubidesk is online at .
About Palbridge, Inc.
Palbridge, Inc headquarters are in Sunnyvale, CA while its R&D team is located in South Korea. Kwanghyun Paek and Jokyun Jeong, co-founder and CTO, established Palbridge, Inc in March 2008. Kwanghyun served as a technical officer in charge of the IT team at Korea Air Force University, South Korea. Jokyun was the founding member of two successful web portals, Netian and Dreamwiz. Both made it into the top five web portals in South Korea. Jokyun won the entrepreneurship competition held by the Ministry of Information and Communication of Korea in 2007. Kwanghyun and Jokyun founded Palbridge, Inc. began work on Ubidesk in May, 2008.
Share your thoughts in the comments below!
Latest posts by Amarendra Bhushan (see all)
- List Of Top 25 Richest Hedge Fund Managers And Traders By Their Estimated Earnings In 2014 - March 2, 2015
- Which U.S. cities are considered to be the most sexually violent? - February 10, 2015
- Why We Should All Embrace Change: 25 Favourite Quotes On Change? - February 10, 2015